News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Unable to use toolbar buttons

Started by fse, October 24, 2016, 01:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fse

Hello,

My toolbar buttons are not functioning. For example, if I want to bold a word, I see . If I want to underline a word, I see . If I want to insert order list, I see , I don't see 1. If I want to change font size, I see . And so on.

I have used different browsers and different computers but all are the same. Can you please debug my account.

Thank you,

Irisado

Welcome to SMF :).

Please could you confirm which version of the forum software you are using.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

fse

Hello,

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
XHTML RSS WAP2

I am unable to understand what is happening to my account. When I typed the previous email, I gave you examples of what's happening when I click a certain button, but when I posted it, I saw the post bolded and underlined. That's not what I saw when I typed the previous post.

When I tried to underline a specific word, I saw [ u  ]    the word I typed   [ / u ]     Let me explain it by writing: I saw   bracket  u  bracket   the word I typed  bracket  /  u bracket     bracket   u  bracket.

I also gave you the message I received when I clicked on "insert order list" and I said "I don't see 1". But after I sent the email, I discovered that all the messages (examples) that I sent to you disappeared and I saw bolded words and underlined words where I didn't see while typing.

I hope this is clear,
Thanks

Kindred

what you are seeing is correct.   those bracket codes are called Bulletion Board Code (BBC) and indicate that some sort of formatting or other transformation will happen during the DISPLAY of the message.   like [u]underline[/u] would display as underline
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: