News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Modify their own post doesn't work after time elapsed

Started by aegersz, October 24, 2016, 06:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Please help me figure this out ...

I thought that if I gave a membergroup access to the Modify their own post (ticked) then they could edit it anytime.

But not so, what am I not understanding? I am told that the time has elapsed.

The members in question have no primary group but a secondary group with the permission to edit.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

br360

Take a look at your settings for Maximum time after posting to allow edit and see what the time limit is set to

This can be found in Admin>>Forum>>Posts and Topics>>Post Settings

aegersz

yes but i want certain trusted members to be able to edit AFTER that time has elapsed.

possible without admin ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

aegersz

Actually, when i ticked "Modify someone else's post", it worked but now it's too powerful !

no middle ground, i understand. Damn, that'd be a handy feature, though.

maybe i'll make that my first mod if i ever figure out how to get one written properly as i am not confident enough to even make the changes manually at this stage.

aegersz

Fabulous ! I just spent a good chunk of time reading Post.php and how it handles the modify permission.

I will give that mod a go soon ... despite the fact I was determined to code it eventually.

This Object Oriented stuff takes a bit of getting used to as I have never used it before. I guess I was born too early.

Thanks !

aegersz

br360

Advertisement: