Converting from XMB 1.9.5 to SMF 2.0.x - SELECT command denied to user

Started by pavoni, October 25, 2016, 01:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pavoni

Hallo,

I have no real experience but still trying to learn - so I hope some once can help me...

I want to update current XMB Forum of www.depmod.com/forum [nofollow] to SMF. As I'm a newbie I want to make a test Installation first on my own Domain. So I have installed SMF on my Domain. From the exisiting XMB Forum - different Server & Domain - I have done a complete copy of the Forum Folder from one Domain to my Domain in seperate Folder. Maybe this was already an error. Now trying to run the XMB converter I get the error message "SELECT command denied to user" with my user Name @ my IP.

Form http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/ConvertingI can see that problem is that "Access to both databases must be provided to the user for the SMF database" - but what does this mean actual? On the old Forum Software as user? Or in the my SQL database?

As this is testing - I can't install currently SMF on the original XMB Domain right now.

Thank You
Pavoni

Illori

pavoni

Quote from: Illori on October 25, 2016, 01:45:45 PM
Database user having access to both databases

So I need to create under Lunarpage (Hosting site for XMB) new user for the database as I did on my Hosting site? 

Thank You

Illori

the user for the database needs to be able to access both databases. if you dont know how to do that ask your host for help.

pavoni

Quote from: Illori on October 25, 2016, 04:21:44 PM
the user for the database needs to be able to access both databases. if you dont know how to do that ask your host for help.

First - thank you.

As I have admin rights on both Domains I have added on the XMB Domin me as user on the SQL database. So I have accees on both Domains - but as written I'm using a copy of the complete XMB Forum on my Domain. Does this matter.

The full error message is SELECT command denied to user 'sven'@'xx.xx.xx.xx' for table 'xmb_members' . What does XMB_members mean?

Sorry for asking again

Illori

that is the database that has the old forum. the user that "owns" the SMF database has no rights to that database. this is the same thing that has been told to you several times already. that user needs full rights to both databases.

pavoni

OK ... I have installed the SMF on same Domain as existing XMB - so that is solved - I'm 3 steps further with new Problem:

Converting posts (this may take some time)...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_member)

Any idea?

Advertisement: