News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Adding menu buttons - but COLORED

Started by SMiFFER, October 26, 2016, 09:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

Hello dear fellows,

by searching, I have crossed the path of Buttons - How do I add buttons to SMF 2.0[/url]

Now a question:
Is there a mod that provides COLORED buttons or do I have to do this manually?

TiA and many regards - SMF#1
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

aegersz

To add more buttons, i use both the "Custom Actions" (to add "Rules" etc.) and the "Ultimate Menu" mod (to add "Recent Posts" etc.).

you have to use CSS (.Themes/default/css/index.css) to markup the button colors, as shown below for the "forum" button:

#button_forum > a, #button_forum > a > span {
        font-weight: bold;
        background: pink;
        color: blue;
        border-radius: 5px;
}

View your HTML page source to find the button names.

I found that changing the button colors wasn't worth it as it starts to look too messy but of course, it's your call.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

Quite honestly, I think those two mods are, overall, more complicated than just adding the code.

But yes... CSS can easily adjust the color
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: