News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Missing Feature When CHANGING POSTS

Started by SMiFFER, October 26, 2016, 09:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

Coming from VB, I miss two features that pertain to making changes to existing posts

1) Adding not only the date of the change and who has done it, but also provide the change reason
2) In VB, there was also the option to compare the changes (earlier/later and sorted by date, selectable)

Are there mods that add these two capabilities to SMF?

TiA, kind regards!

Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

d3vcho

Hello!

For the first one, here you go: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=349

I don't think there's a Mod for the second one, or at least, I've never heard about it.

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

SMiFFER

Thanks, you two

However, I got problems making both of them work on my 2.0.12:

Reason For Editing Mod - gives me this error:
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Post History - does not seem to work with my themes:
BlackDay
Dark Day

Hm... well...
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

aegersz

don't bother with the "Reason for editing" mod as the "Post History" mod is more important, IMHO.

they cannot co-exist.

i also recommend that if you plan to install lots of mods that you don't bother with fancy themes as they are too hard to maintain as new mods come along.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: