package upload issue since change of servers

Started by bpratt, October 26, 2016, 08:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpratt

I'm having package upload issues of this type....

Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

Never had a trouble until now... the only change is that the server has been changed.

The server is now a cloudlinux based, with cagefs on it, so I'm guessing there's some setting that needs to change on the server.

Some helpful suggestions would go a really long way. :)

Illori

do you have a temp and backup folder in the packages folder? if you do not create them and try again.

bpratt

yes, I should have mentioned that in my first post.

Both directories are there, and I even chmod 777 them.  :)

Illori

bpratt

not helping myself... I should have said I also tried that one too. :(

Kindred

did you fully resolve any url and/or path changes after moving servers?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bpratt

Yep, certainly did.... no path changes at all.

I also installed a fresh copy of smf on the same server, but different domain, and have the same issue.

I was thinking it might have been something to do with the underlying server changes.

Kindred

since you have checked all the normal causes... yes, it would seem to be related to your specific configuration
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bpratt

yeah, it is weird that's for sure.

it was a server change, now none of my smf forums work as they once used to.

I've even set up a brand new smf forum under a different domain, and it has the same problems.

The server differences are that the new one uses cagefs and cloudlinux on it.  It's almost like it isn't getting write permissions or something.

Advertisement: