News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Have to refresh only once to display site properly

Started by nathmurr, October 27, 2016, 06:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathmurr

Hi my first post here and not an experienced php programmer so please bear with me.  I have searched for the problem and people seem to be having some refresh issues but not like mine.

Whenever I enter the URL to my site running smf on a browser for the first time the page is white, the contents of the page appear but completely unformatted.  When I refresh the browser the site appears as normal and everything is ok for the duration of the session.  If the browser is shut down and reopened the problem occurs again.  The same happens whether I use Chrome or IE.  I am using the default smf theme.  I was wondering if anyone has seen the issue before and knows how I can fix it.  I don't really want to force a refresh but instead get to the root of the problem.

Many Thanks for your time

Nathan

Arantor

nathmurr

Sorry wasn't sure if I was allowed to post the link, it's beingbullied dot net

Kindred

looks like you have a configuration problem somewhere... the ?phpsessionid? is getting inserted after the domain and before the path

beingbullied.net/?phpsessionid......./Themes

which is, of course, an invalid path.

After  arefresh, it gets corrected.

mods installed?

BTW and FYI, the Core theme is not mobile friendly. 
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Don't remove index.php from the URLs, that causes the very issue you are seeing. If you did this via a mod, uninstall it, if you did this manually to QueryString.php, undo it.

nathmurr

Thanks I found that a SEO package I had installed had a setting that had "Remove "index.php" from URLs" ticked.  Now works fine.  Thanks for your help  :)

Advertisement: