News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Admin possible bug

Started by Burt, November 03, 2016, 10:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Just stumble across this by mistake and was wondering if anyone can confirm if it is a bug or a problem on my end.    SMF 2.0.12

If I select in Admin Configuration/Theme Setting and enable  "Show who is viewing the board index and posts:" to "Show Member Names" or "Show only numbers"

SMF doesn't allow me to open some posts that I can normally open and also my avatar disappear and the pic of the broken link appear instead.

If I turn "Show who is viewing the board index and posts:" back to "Don't Show", then everything is normal again...

This affects all accounts not just the admin...

The error message I get is:

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

I cant say 100% that it is a bug because my forum has more than 170 Installed Packages, so a possible conflict is not out of a question...

Before I start to delete or trying to fix things, I was wonder if someone could be so nice to test this or maybe have a solution already for it...

Thank you
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

Kindred

I have that option turned on, but can't seem to replicate the reported issue...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burt

I guess it has to be a conflict with one of the installed package then...

Here we go.... ::)

Problem is that it seem random, as it is only in a couple of board where I can view the posts, not all of them...

I could leave it off and move on...  ;D
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

live627

Burt

Quote from: live627 on November 03, 2016, 07:03:28 PM
theme issue?

Well I'm using the original default theme, but the more I look at it the more it seem to be a conflict with the Avatars. I also notice that in the preview it hide the pictures attachment, like if I was a guest... It has to be a conflict with one of the package...

If one of the mod want to move this thread in the appropriate area, as it not a SMF bug please...

Advertisement: