Enable 'mark topic solved' button/ MOD for 2V0.12

Started by kubMCC, November 03, 2016, 12:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kubMCC

will the ZIP-File also work with SMF 2V0.12?
On the MOD-Site, looking for Installation-Instruktion, the complete manual code change is shown.

Thanks
- Man hat niemals zu viele backups
- Vertraue KEINEM Wiederherstellungspunkt ..
- Der Kopf ist rund damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann! (Francis Picabia)
- Kein Backup; kein Mitleid!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kubMCC

- Der Kopf ist rund damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann! (Francis Picabia)

Irisado

For future reference, please start a new support topic next time, rather than revive such an old one.  Topic split.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

kubMCC

After a "long search"  8) the download went well, but then ......

Please see attached picture: (and there is more "red" ...)

best regards, der kub

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Kindred

That many errors indicates a serious issue.  I am betting that you downloaded a mod for 1.1.x instead of 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kubMCC

Quote from: Kindred on November 03, 2016, 09:43:35 PM
That many errors indicates a serious issue.  I am betting that you downloaded a mod for 1.1.x instead of 2.0.x

exactamente; YOU won  ;)

BUT; mea culpa: there is no other version on the MOD-Site/Package download out of Packaga Manager I found/used.

Besides this, I clearly see the function here in the Forum 2V0.12  :'(

open for any install-instructions, der KUB  8) 

please see attached picture. Danke!

kubMCC

Sorry to bother You, but if you take a look to the bottom of my attachment you will see that your direct link is exactly where I end up by using the package manager. I can see that it shows "compatible to 2.0.08". I use 2.0.12

OK, I will give it a try:
- download the ZIP to my PC
- UnZip on my PC
- Upload to Server
..... to which subdir?

Danke!

btw: Do I have to install the mentioned FamFamFam icon thing first? And one more time the point "where to?"

Shambles

kubMCC

Shambles

So you downloaded the 2.0.* version and it fails to apply because of conflicts with other mods?

This then applies ;)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=549723.msg3897948#msg3897948

Kindred

Ok, I just tested...   the mod
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1601

works just fine and installs perfectly and automatically on 2.0.12.  It actually installed correctly on 5 of the custom themes that my test site uses as well...

in short, your errors indicate that you have some serious issues in your files. The mod is just fine.
Слaва
Украинi

kubMCC

Quote from: Kindred on November 06, 2016, 07:07:54 AM
Ok, I just tested...   the mod
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1601

works just fine and installs perfectly and automatically on 2.0.12.  It actually installed correctly on 5 of the custom themes that my test site uses as well...

in short, your errors indicate that you have some serious issues in your files. The mod is just fine.

Thank's for the information!

Sorry; but....: infos like "it works fine on my system" are not really helpful for me as a non-experianced SMF user and Charter Member.

Info:
- The Forum has been installed "from scratch"
- Everyting/Function used "as is"
- Created the structure of Thema > SubThema >> SubSubThema (see "collapse"-posts)
- tried to install the Mod through Package manager
-> failed as described above

since then I clicked on the "leftover Install Button" for several times >>> Please see attached picture "how far" I came:

Anhang:

Kindred

Leftover install?    There is no such button in standard smf as far as I am aware

If you are getting that many errors, then you definitely do not have a base install.  If you think that you do, then I recommend uploading a clean set of files and trying again.

And, it works fine on my system IS an appropriate response, since I tested and comfirmed that the suggested mod DOES actually install correctly on 2.0.12, and - if you are getting that number of errors, when you claim to have a default installation, that indicates a serious issue with your system, not with the mod.
Слaва
Украинi

kubMCC

Quote from: Kindred on November 06, 2016, 08:16:52 AM
Leftover install?    There is no such button in standard smf as far as I am aware

If you are getting that many errors, then you definitely do not have a base install.  If you think that you do, then I recommend uploading a clean set of files and trying again.

And, it works fine on my system IS an appropriate response, since I tested and comfirmed that the suggested mod DOES actually install correctly on 2.0.12, and - if you are getting that number of errors, when you claim to have a default installation, that indicates a serious issue with your system, not with the mod.
This button appeared after the "Installation-Try" endet up with no more errors!

Once more: the forum has been installed from scratch 5 days ago! No leftovers from whenever possible.
Sorry: I worked for 32 years in software developement for industrial production lines. Siemens S5 / S7 / Rockwell SLC500 and SLC5000 / Jetter JetSym ...

please, don't talk to me about "it works fine on my system". I've heard this from my customers so many times and I do not have Your system. At least, the problem was always found "somewhere else", never on systems "where it ran fine" .

Please do not kill me because of the written words. I'm still on your side and all I want is help and constructive ideas about the/my problem with the new forum. We cannot go online/operative until these small issues are solved. And I'm going step by step, there are some more MODs we want to use/install. I told a lot of guys, flying through a lot of forums, using all kind of but not SMF, that THIS (SMF) will be much much better and easier. I need your serious help to fullfill this promise .....

Best regards; Liebe Grüße; sorry for my English grammar & words !

der kubMCC

Kindred

Actually, if you have a base installation with no mods and no custom themes, then YES...  your system = my test system.
Regardless of the hardware or server configuration (in this case), the default installation will always be the same -- this is why we confirm and only approve mods which install cleanly on a default installation.

So, when it installs fine on my test system, but fails on your system, then you do not actually have a default installation.

and there is no button called "leftover install" nor any other combination of words that I could imagine becoming that in a bad translation.
Seriously... I am trying to help you... but your words and explanations don't make much sense...
because, with a default installation of SMF, this mod installs just fine , without error.
and you are referencing a button (leftover install) which doesn't actually exist, afaik
Слaва
Украинi

Irisado

I think that you've reached a point at which it's worth trying to install a fresh set of files: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files.  Try doing this, restoring your forum to the default state, and then you can add any mods one at a time, checking that each installs correctly in turn.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

kubMCC

did anyone take a look to the here

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=549723.msg3898276#msg3898276

attached picture?? The install is finished, the mod seems to be integrated, I can put the checkmark as described in the installation

I never talked about a button "named" leftover.

- I tried to install the mod with the package manager
- I got many red lines in the log (see posts above)
- in the package manager, the "install" button was still there
- I used it again (to get, maybe, rid of "leftovers" of red lines)
- I got 2 red marked lines
- in the package manager, the "install" button was still there
- I used it again (the still existing "install" button in the same line right from the MOD-Name)
- no more "errors" or red lines in the log
- the button "Install" disappeared and "DEinstall" and more are there

Please see attached picture

Itt "seems" to be ok now.

Illori

Quote from: kubMCC on November 06, 2016, 08:10:14 AM
since then I clicked on the "leftover Install Button" for several times >>> Please see attached picture "how far" I came:

you did talk about a leftover button, see the quote above.

Kindred

After a mod is installed, there are three links

uninstall
list files
delete

there is no "leftover Install Button"
if the install button is still showing, then the mod was never installed --- or your systems has a SERIOUS issue.

Even if the button did continue to show, doing multiple installations of a mod is a sure road to disaster, since the same code will get added/changed multiple times a well.
Repeatedly running the install does not magically clear up the failed tests...

However... if the mod IS correctly installed, then the option of a checkbox labeled
      Topic Solved Board:
      Enables the Topic Solved feature in the board
is added to the board settings for each board.

Checking the box and saving the changes will turn on the topic solved options for that board in the front end.
Слaва
Украинi

kubMCC

Just 2 let U know:

I installed a fresh 2V1 forum (SQL 5.33), not even German Language Package.
Next step: Install "topic solved" Mod >> got many red lines "test failed" >> ignored all this and warning > klicked "install" Button > message: "installation successfull".  :o

!!! Its only a testforum to play with !!! No Help needed, thanks!

Kindred

ummmm.....   well, yes. The mod is designed for 2.0.x, not 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

kubMCC

"MARK TOPIC SOLVED" - button not available/shown
- Removed "Topic solved"-MOD with 2V0.12 package manager
- went through all maintenance topics in 2V0.12
- installed 2V0.13 with patch-function
-> no Problems
- went through all maintenance topics in 2V0.12
-> no Problems found
- installed StickyTopicsOrder-MOD (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3425)
-> works perfect
- tried to install "Topic Solved"-MOD (again)
"MARK TOPIC SOLVED" - button not available/shown

Gave up, => removed MOD again

Kindred

Why did you uninstall the mods before installing the patch?
Слaва
Украинi

kubMCC

Thought it might be a problem with Version ...12. Might be better to install new in version ....13. Found out: no difference >> not "the problem" on my system/installation. Have to live without the feature.

Steve

So, despite all the help everyone is trying to give you, you've decided to give up on this? Am I reading this thread correctly?

I'm kind of surprised someone who says he has 'worked for 32 years in software developement' would give up so easily.

Your choice though. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

kubMCC

Quote from: Steve on January 20, 2017, 04:50:40 PM
So, despite all the help everyone is trying to give you, you've decided to give up on this? Am I reading this thread correctly?

I'm kind of surprised someone who says he has 'worked for 32 years in software developement' would give up so easily.

Your choice though. :)

Well, ten times tried, ten different ways. Included "neutral installation for testing" Most answers: "... but on my system ist works fine ..." I will not change my Provider just for that feature. I postet many screenshot with error messages, but no info: "ok, it's this and this problem, do that and that and it WILL work fine." On the other hand, I will  not waste more of the important time of very important people here which have to solve bigger problems than mine.  ;) ;)

PS: Software ..... Rockwell SLC500 / SLC5000 // SIEMENS S5/S7 // Jetter JetSym // BoschRexroth Single Drives ...... That Software had only the control of production machinery functionality. Pampers, Carefree, Chocolade, Gummybears, Paperfolding, Envelopes, Printing, .... Much more simple than a forumsoftware  :laugh: :laugh:

PPS: some other MODs are working just fine, so ...... what does make more sence? Is it a problem of MY installation/system or couls it be some small issue inside the MOD.

Don't worry, we will stay with SMF  8)

Even having some more little issues like correcting the "edited by .... on ...."

HOW to eliminate it from a post seems to be easy (set "modified_ time" to 0 and , WHERE to find it with MySQL inside the online database .... BUT: there is already a question in the German part of SMF.

Anyways ...Thank's for Your interrest! Hope dies last  :-[

kubMCC

Advertisement: