News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Show Banned Users in Admin 'Member List' only

Started by Prids, November 06, 2016, 06:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prids

Hi,

Question first, explanation follows.  Hope that is not a rude behaviour.  I tend to explain at length and end up with a simple question!

What I would like is some advice on how to code, and where to place, a line saying "IF Admin>User>Profile>Summary is Banned THEN highlight (change font to red for example) the user in the Administrator Admin>Members List only.  ELSE - do nothing.

My forum is private, 2.0.12, invitation only, no guests or visitors, and has circa 300 members.  From time to time members leave, rejoin, etc.
I do not delete them in Admin, but use the 'Ban' option to restrict/re-allow access, either via the default banning tool, or by using the mod Users Mass Actions.  Using either, the Admin>User>Profile>Summary reflects the ban.

I'd just like to highlight those banned members in the Admin Member List only.  So, I am here because I am stuck, and my coding is just not up to it!

I have looked at Slash Through Banned Usernames, but that shows up the ban to anyone, throughout the forum.

Thanks!

GL700Wing

The following Tip/Trick will enable you to search for banned members in the Memberlist that only Admins can view (ie, Administration Center -> Members -> Search for Members): Allow Admin to search for banned members

You can see the banned members by making sure that only "Banned" is selected and then clicking on Search - you don't need to enter anything in any of the search fields above.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Advertisement: