News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Packaged theme causes missing icons?

Started by Insigne, November 12, 2016, 09:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insigne

I recently finished heavily modifying a theme for SMF 2.0, got to packaging it into a .zip file, and installed it onto a locally-hosted testing board to make sure everything was working fine.

What happened is, several of the images (mainly those in the icons folder) don't work. They exist in the theme folder, but appear broken. I re-installed the theme a number of times and through different browsers and devices to see if any of those would alleviate the problem. Nada.

I made sure to check if the zipping process was interrupted somehow, re-packaged it into a .tar.gz and .rar file. Still nothing. But, the thing is, I checked the zip file and the icons are all fine! To reaffirm my suspicions, I extracted the contents of the zip file directly into the theme folder. It worked. No broken icons.

My problem is, I'm hoping to distribute this theme. I'd like to know if there's a way I can package it without the icons going bonkers afterwards. If anyone can offer help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: If it helps, I'm running the latest version of SMF.

lurkalot

Seen this happen with certain zip programs. Try a different one and see if it helps. WinRAR seems to work well for me.

Advertisement: