News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Assigning Membership Number to members

Started by aodio, November 13, 2016, 11:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aodio

Hey People...

Looked everywhere, but I'm sure not well enough.

Is there mod out there that can assign a membership number to members on registration and have it show in there board profile?

In advance .. Cheers

Kindred

Every member already has a number....

It is not specifically exposed/displayed as a field, but could be, with only a single line of code
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aodio

really?... It's not visible in the member list?

Love your work tho.. What would be the code and where would it live if i was to put it in mate?

cheers

Kindred

Working from mobile right now, so I can't easily give you the code...   

And no, it's not on the memberlist either ...   but the member ID is what is used to identify the member to the database...    look at the URL when you go to any user's profile, other than your own.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aodio

Ok... I didn't want to have to create a spreadsheet for Membership numbers ... If you have the time to have a look at it , it would be much appreciated ..

cheers

Arantor

Go to Admin > Members. That list has the user ID in it.

aodio

Quote from: Arantor on November 14, 2016, 03:05:23 AM
Go to Admin > Members. That list has the user ID in it.

Ah, yes it's in there ..cool... bugga you cant set your own start count tho...

cheers

Arantor

No, because the values are internal to the database and used for internal reasons, not as a membership number for user purposes.

aodio

Quote from: Arantor on November 14, 2016, 06:27:23 AM
No, because the values are internal to the database and used for internal reasons, not as a membership number for user purposes.

I do realise that.. ;) So back to the question.. Does any0one know if there is a mod to do the above ....

cheers

Illori

you could use the custom profile fields and enter the value in there per user.

aodio

Quote from: Illori on November 14, 2016, 07:50:54 AM
you could use the custom profile fields and enter the value in there per user.

Yep great idea.. I've done that to give a member number on the visible post profile ... but would still need to keep and external spreadsheet of members number.

Looks like tho that's what i'll have to do .. I've searched for a membership number mode ..but nothing

Cheers

Arantor

aodio

aodio

I found this http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1652  I guess it's similar to what Kindred was talking about ... But will member numbers change if one member is removed or deleted?

Cheers

Illori

no the user id will never change, you should also not try to change it or you will break the forum.

aodio

Quote from: Illori on November 14, 2016, 02:13:52 PM
no the user id will never change, you should also not try to change it or you will break the forum.

No ..not planning on trying if you don't know how..lol

Cheers

Advertisement: