News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Like Button?

Started by MaryLouW, November 19, 2016, 09:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryLouW

Is there a mod that has a LIKE button that can be put on the first post only?

My forum is for the creation of graphics.  One person posts what they've created and 25 people reply with an OOOH or AAAAAh while others write a long post as to what they liked, etc.  It would be nice of those who just said two words could click on the first post and a count would show so the one who posted would know his/her work was acknowledged.  All of my users are asking me to try and find one. 

MaryLouW

THANK YOU!!!   The first one posted above (by Joker) is as close to perfect for our needs as I could find. It was easy to install and I love all the options!!  We don't want it on all our boards, especially not the discussion boards so I was able to turn it off there.  It's enabled on all of those where images are posted.  We don't need the notifications, the stats, and all the other extras, and it was great that I could turn off the things we don't want.

The only thing I could wish for is that it I had the ability to limit the like button to the first post in the thread.  However, one can't always have everything so we are happy with it just the way it is.   I should have come here a long time ago to ask for this!

Thank you again, I'm a happy camper now!  :) :) :) :)

MaryLouW

Hmmm...  I do LOVE that LIKE button but I'm seeing a result from it that I don't like.  Most of us depend on the little SMF icons to let us know if we've replied to a message or not. When I click the LIKE button, there is no indicator on the list to tell me that I've replied to that post.  Is there any way around this?   

Were just a small board and average maybe 200 posts per day and now, I cannot tell which ones I've replied to.   Any suggestions?

Illori

Quote from: MaryLouW on November 21, 2016, 12:03:56 AM
When I click the LIKE button, there is no indicator on the list to tell me that I've replied to that post.  Is there any way around this?   

when you like a post there is no reply made, it is just a +1 in the count of likes.

MaryLouW

Is there any way I can change the color of the LIKE button?  The orange sort of clashes with our Christmas theme.  I hope it's okay to say Christmas here.. everyone is so politically correct these days!

Illori

you would need to post in the support topic for that mod.

MaryLouW

Okay, thanks!!!  Will do!! 

nubieteky

Hello very nice i just installed! how can i change it to somewhat color blue or any color execept red ?

thankyou

shadav

Quote from: nubieteky on July 27, 2021, 12:33:48 AM
Hello very nice i just installed! how can i change it to somewhat color blue or any color execept red ?

thankyou
that would depend on which mod you installed....there's 3 different ones posted in this thread

you should post in the mods support thread for the one that you installed

Advertisement: