News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Yahoo button

Started by bharat, November 26, 2016, 09:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharat

I just notice that members who us yahoo mail address their icon next to the PM, e-mail is not visible anymore, where can I check what's wrong?

Kindred

its a problem with the yahoo site.  They appear to have discontinued the function that let the icon get pulled for online/offline YIM

and it's not users who use yahoo mail addresses, it is people who have entered IM information for the Yahoo IM service.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

Yes, that's where I see it, so it will be shown like this only?

Kindred

until/unless yahoo fixes it or we change the code which calls for the yahoo URL
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

noquiexis

The MSN icon (msntalk.gif) is in the \Themes\default\images directory. Is there a way to recode SMF to look for the YIM icon there? This does mean that there should be a suitable icon for YIM in the \Themes\default\images directory.

??? :-[ ???
"To me the meanest flower that blows can give
 Thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."

William Wordsworth

Illori

it would require a code change, find in the code where the yim icon is called and change that from their website to yours.

Advertisement: