News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Guests only seeing the very first page.

Started by TMR Guy, November 26, 2016, 12:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMR Guy

When a Guest comes to my site I would like them to be able to see an adult content warning on the very first page that says something like "warning adult content you must be 18 to join this site, by clicking enter below you agree to the TOS and that you are at least 18 years old." Then once they click enter it will take them to the sign in / registration page. What are my options for doing this? My computer skills are very basic so I'm looking for something fairly easy to do.

Thanks in advance,

TMR Guy

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

There are many options available to accomplish this for you without a terribly tedious amount of work involved, I'd be happy to assist you with this but I do the things I do for pay, the thing about it is that I am a relatively cheap option compared to possibly screwing up the system royally by doing the task without tech knowledge and experience, but if you want some free advice and information about how to accomplish this task there is a plethora of threads here that lay it all out for you... I recommend doing it with the SimplePortal module myself... the search feature here is your friend.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Sir Osis of Liver

It's easy.  Go to Admin -> Features and Options ->Allow guests to browse the forum, uncheck it.  Then go into /Themes/default/languages/Login.english.php, find this -

$txt['only_members_can_access'] = 'Only registered members are allowed to access this section.';
$txt['login_below'] = 'Please login below or';
$txt['register_an_account'] = 'register an account';

Edit it any way you like, it will be displayed at top of guest login panel.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

TMR Guy

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 26, 2016, 09:57:20 PM
It's easy.  Go to Admin -> Features and Options ->Allow guests to browse the forum, uncheck it.  Then go into /Themes/default/languages/Login.english.php, find this -

$txt['only_members_can_access'] = 'Only registered members are allowed to access this section.';
$txt['login_below'] = 'Please login below or';
$txt['register_an_account'] = 'register an account';

Edit it any way you like, it will be displayed at top of guest login panel.
I'm sorry but I can't find /Themes/default/languages/Login.english.php

First I go to Admin > then what? > then what?

I found the Allow guests to browse the forum box and uncheck it but I can't seem to find /Themes/default/languages/Login.english.php, I'm sure once I find it I can edit it.

Thanks for the help.

TMR Guy

I tried doing some searching and seen this, this is just what I need. Is this a mod (see picture)?

Illori

Sir Osis of Liver

You don't do it in Admin, you edit the file in a text editor after downloading via FTP or your host file manager.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

TMR Guy

Quote from: Illori on November 28, 2016, 05:59:40 PM
looks like they are using a portal mod.
I see at the bottom of the page they are using SimplePortal 2.1.1 - I installed it and it seem to be what I need.

Thanks for your help.

TMR Guy

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 28, 2016, 09:21:05 PM
You don't do it in Admin, you edit the file in a text editor after downloading via FTP or your host file manager.
That's a little over my head but I will try to learn how to do it, just for the fun of it.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement: