Retrieving avatar for any user

Started by kkmic, November 28, 2016, 11:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkmic

Hi,

Is there an "avatar URL" that I can use to retrieve the avatar for an user, assuming that I know the user ID?

AFAIK, avatars are "resolved" internally as attachments, resulting in an URL like this:  example.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=24728;type=avatar [nofollow]

Is it possible to retrieve a user's avatar by accessing a URL like  example.com/smf/index.php?action=dlaavatar;uid=123;type=avatar [nofollow] ?
I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Kindred

in short no....

in longer answer: you can do it using php CODE, on the $context array
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kkmic

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Advertisement: