News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Question about subscriptions

Started by djsilva18, December 01, 2016, 04:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djsilva18

Hi!,

I have a question about subscriptions:

I have a subscription active on my forum with members subscribed with positibility of a recurrent payment enabled, can I change payment value directly or i have to disable this subscription and enable another one with new payment value?
When I try to change actual subscription it give me a message:

Note that as this group has existing subscribers the group settings cannot be changed!

But if i change payment value i can save it!.

Help me please with this, thanks and regards.

Kindred

but, users who have already signed up will pay at the original rate - because that is how recurring payments in paypal work
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

djsilva18

Quote from: Kindred on December 01, 2016, 09:02:54 AM
but, users who have already signed up will pay at the original rate - because that is how recurring payments in paypal work

if i disable original subscription, if they have recurring payments enabled they will pay again with original subscription?

Thanks and regards.

Kindred

I don't know the answer, actually...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

if they are setup to keep paying via paypal, they would need to disable that manually.

Sir Osis of Liver

The recurring payment is set up as a subscription in the user's PayPal account, there's no way you can change or cancel it from the forum.  Only the account owner can do that.  Not sure how it works if payment is by credit card, but I believe it's the same.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

djsilva18

Advertisement: