News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to Migrate from MySQL to MongoDB

Started by forumfan32, December 01, 2016, 01:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forumfan32

So I've recently been taking a liking to NoSQL databases, and I'd like to move my old MYSQL ones to Mongo. Does anyone have any experience in doing so. I'm scared of losing valuable data.

tinswap

@ Op you shoulf ggogle for script that can do that
I also need a script that can help me migrate my website from mysqli to pdo, last month i was able to move from just mysql to mysqli now i wish to move it to pdo since pdo is better anyone have idea what script can do that ? cant start doing it manualy 

vbgamer45

MongoDB NoSQL is very different than MySQL how the data relationships work and how it is stored....Most people do not have a need for it unless you have vast amount of data.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

nend

Quote from: forumfan32 on December 01, 2016, 01:46:26 PM
So I've recently been taking a liking to NoSQL databases, and I'd like to move my old MYSQL ones to Mongo. Does anyone have any experience in doing so. I'm scared of losing valuable data.
SMF doesn't support MongoDB.

Quote from: tinswap on December 10, 2016, 10:49:06 AM
@ Op you shoulf ggogle for script that can do that
I also need a script that can help me migrate my website from mysqli to pdo, last month i was able to move from just mysql to mysqli now i wish to move it to pdo since pdo is better anyone have idea what script can do that ? cant start doing it manualy 
Those aren't different databases, there just different methods to connect to the database. I would recommend to stick with MySQLi.

JeanpaulFX

MySQLi or PDO, both are libraries to connect with DB.  MySQLi is meant for MySQl database also where as PDO let you build apps that are database independent.  You can migrate the app to different DB later by changing just the connection profile.

Arantor

Except that still requires the underlying RDBMS using the same SQL... MongoDB doesnt use SQL. Even queries between MySQL and PGSQL require changing as SMF's code proves.

Advertisement: