News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Admin access to all users' email addresses

Started by Palloy, December 02, 2016, 11:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palloy

Can an admin get a list of all users' email addresses?
This would be useful to have on hand in case the site suddenly goes down and needs to be "re-domained" in a hurry.

I've searched but the search terms are too common.
I've seen Admin > Main > News and Newsletters > Newsletters , but that relies on the site still being up.

Kindred

You can, but only from the database. There is no interface for it
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Palloy

Thanks.
Would it be giving anything away to describe the table structure?

Shambles

What I do is run a cron job every day which executes a tiny php script that creates a CSV file with all members details. The actual php script is tiny - you could run it on demand to create a file for yourself.

Kindred

the table is smf_members...   not sure of the exact columns names without looking, but something along the lines of real-name, username and email-address would probably be what you want
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

byproduct

last ip, would be good too

really should be a way from acp to do this
especially since adding post by email to the core was implimented.

Kindred

ummm....   

"adding post by email to the core was implimented"

since when?
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: