News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Smiley / BBCode buttons

Started by jmijnen, December 03, 2016, 09:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmijnen

Hello there,

I am rather new to SMF and I am having a struggle at my own forums trying to get the bar on the top of a new post which has some little handy buttons for BB code and smileys, I however have no idea how to add it and after some digging through both all the settings and the mods section I am still struggled, anyone able to help me out here?

This bar:

d3vcho

Hello and welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum!

To solve this problem you should activate BBC. Navigate to Admin > Forum > Post and Topics > Bulletin Board Code and check the box "Enable bulletin board code (BBC)".

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

jmijnen

Hello d3vcho,

I have had this option enabled all along and when I manually enter the tags the BBC works, the bar however does nto show up, I have looked at some other themes to see if it is a theme-related issue but that did not do the trick either.

Regards!

d3vcho

Hello!

Well, this reminds me of an issue with the installer.. Did you use an auto-installer to install SMF (such as Mojo Marketplace or Softaculus) or your installed it manually? Sometimes using a third party software to install SMF may cause some problems...

If you used an auto installer, I recommend reinstalling SMF manually.

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Kindred

do you have any mods installed?

usually, when the editor toolbar doesn't show up, it is becayse of a mod causing a javascript conflict
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: