Trying to add a new board and got Error: database may require an upgrade...

Started by PenelopeQ, December 04, 2016, 05:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PenelopeQ

I've noticed quite few threads with this same error message issue, so apparently this has become a common problem:

QuoteField 'facebooksharer_board_enable' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/rollerco/public_html/mlcforum/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 799

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.12, while your database is at version 2.0.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
I got the message when trying to add a new board.
I was on smf 2.0.11, but as part of this solution I did upgrade to 2.0.12--and yes I backed everything up first.
But I went to myurl.com/upgrade.php and got this:
Quote[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Now when I was using smf 2.0.11 I don't recall the portion about facebooksharer_board... I think it was just the Note: it appears that your database...

Here is a list of my mods
1. Alternative Menu With Top Menu Icon & Button Remover:1.4.2
2. Bad Behavior mod:1.5.17
3. Board Notification Mod:1.2.2
4. Default_Membergroup:1.0.1
5. Gender on Memberlist:1.5
6. Global Headers Footers:2.0.1
7. Last Active On MemberList:1.4
8. Move Old Topics:1.3.8
9. Personal Messages to Membergroups:1.4.3
10. Register At Post View v.1.1:1.1
11. SMFPacks WYSIWYG Editor:2.0.7
12. SMFPacks Personal Conversations:1.0.3
13. SMFPacks Popup Pro Mod:1.0.3
14. Search Sent PMs:1.4
15. SMFPacks Shoutbox Pro:1.0.9
16. Stop Spammer:2.3.9
17. TopicStarter Mod:1.7
18. Topic & Board Note:1.0.3
19. Ad Managment:3.1a
20. Anti-Spam Links:1.0.1
21. Join Reason:1.3
22. Advanced Topic Prefix Mod:4.0.3
23. SMF 2.0.12 Update:1.0

br360

The note saying that your database may require an upgrade is just a stock message that comes along with any database error one may get, so that you can ignore.

The "facebooksharer_board_enable" is not part of the default SMF database. Even though you don't have it listed in your mods you posted, it appears that at one time you did have this mod installed and not every part of code was removed when you actually uninstalled it http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2827

Kindred

Akso, the issue is actually a mysql bug. Tell your host to upgrade mysql
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PenelopeQ

I contacted my host and they said it is not a mysql bug issue and kicked it back to me getting help here.
The facebook sharer mod offers an uninstall package that removes the database tables, but maybe I was supposed to use it a few years ago when I had and removed the mod. I tried uploading it like a normal package and it failed.

So basically, is the problem that a table (or more) exists in my database that is unnecessary? AND the resolution is for those tables to be removed?

If that is correct, is there a safe removal method--tinkering around with the DB freaks me out since I could break something so easily.

vbgamer45

If you don't use it you can try this command on your database
alter table smf_boards drop column facebooksharer_board_enable;
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

BTW< your host is wrong...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15438840/mysql-error-1364-field-doesnt-have-a-default-values

This appears to be caused by a long-standing (since 2004) bug (#6295) in MySQL, titled

Triggers are not processed for NOT NULL columns.

It was allegedly fixed in version 5.7.1 of MySQL (Changelog, last entry) in 2013, making MySQL behave as "per the SQL standard" (ibid).
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

That might apply if triggers were being used. However SMF doesn't use triggers and no mod I've ever seen does either.

And actually, that behaviour is quite possible if a mod author hasn't set a table up correctly and MySQL is running in strict mode.

PenelopeQ

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 17, 2017, 06:38:37 PM
If you don't use it you can try this command on your database
alter table smf_boards drop column facebooksharer_board_enable;

So I am assuming I'm to try this piece of advice first--given the back-and-forth regarding the other posts.
Can you explain how I input a command for the db table?
Basically which tab at the top of phpMyAdmin do I select and then where to go from there...I assume I can at some point copy and paste the command you suggested into a box or space and select Go.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PenelopeQ

Thanks, and I am not trying to be rude, but that doesn't answer the question I need answered.

Regarding inputting a command for the db table...
How do I do that?
Which tab at the top of phpMyAdmin do I select and then where to go from there?

Thank you

vbgamer45

You would select the database by clicking on the database name.
Then there should be an SQL tab to run the command.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PenelopeQ

Thanks and UGH
I did that and it says there is not a board with that name. I then read through the list of columns in the db table  and there was nothing that had facebook or sharer as even part of the name.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

hmmm don't see fooksharer_board_enabl in that file

Can you run this SQL on database

Show create table smf_boards;

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Do you have any table in there called ###_boards ? where ### is the name.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

oOo--STAR--oOo

I think to fix this issue it to look at his actual database and make sure the names exist. Your database should be called rollerco_smf2 and the table should be named smf_boards  'smf' being the prefix.

Now look in your settings.php in your forums root directory, is the database name rollerco_smf2. If you have phpmyadmin open it up and look to see if this database exists. Go inside the database and check to see that smf_board table exists also.

Its basically saying it doesn't exist, are you sure it does.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

PenelopeQ

Maybe the confusion is over what things are named.

The database is rollerco_smf2, but the prefix is different. All the columns begins with rollerc3_

rollerc3_boards
rollerc3_board_permissions not boards with an s, but I included this anyway)
rollerc3_log_boards

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: PenelopeQ on January 27, 2017, 07:03:58 PM
Maybe the confusion is over what things are named.

The database is rollerco_smf2, but the prefix is different. All the columns begins with rollerc3_

rollerc3_boards
rollerc3_board_permissions not boards with an s, but I included this anyway)
rollerc3_log_boards

Yep, that looks like the problem if 'rollerc3' is your actual prefix.

In your forums root directory open Settings.php and what does $db_prefix = ' say?
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Advertisement: