News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Message Icons as PNGs

Started by blamemarktjan, December 04, 2016, 07:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blamemarktjan

Hey SMFers,

I'm looking for a way to use PNGs instead of GIFs as custom message icons. Is this something that's easy to change, and if so, where can I do it? Currently it insists that I haven't uploaded a file (except I have) if it's in PNG, but works just fine with GIFs of the same name.

ziycon

Hi blamemarktjan, can I ask why you want to change the file type as there might be another way to achieve what your trying to do?

MULITRI

I would like to know as well how it could be used PNG files as Message icons, just because PNG files are much better quality than GIF.

It would be very much appreciated if there is a way to change it... Thanks

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MULITRI

Thank you Kindred.

There are not installation instructions, but i supossed php and xml files were into root folder and the images into the /images/post/ default theme folder.

After run the install.php file, i got this message...

Database changes are complete! Please wait...

I keep waiting for long time, and still doesn't accept png files to upload, even the ones provided into the package.

Did i made anything worng?

Thank you for your help.

lurkalot

Quote from: MULITRI on January 28, 2017, 12:47:38 PM
Thank you Kindred.

There are not installation instructions, but i supossed php and xml files were into root folder and the images into the /images/post/ default theme folder.

After run the install.php file, i got this message...

Database changes are complete! Please wait...

I keep waiting for long time, and still doesn't accept png files to upload, even the ones provided into the package.

Did i made anything worng?

Thank you for your help.

It's a mod package, you should have uploaded it and installed it via the package manager.

MULITRI

Oh ok, i will find that way and i will try, i'll let you know, Thanks

Kindred

you don't have to "find a way"

just use the package manager
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MULITRI

The Way i meant is that i didn't know there was that package manager jajaja

I found it, and i used it, and now is installed and the png icons coming into the package are shown, and i can now add more png icons.

Thank you very much for your help, very much appreciated.

Advertisement: