News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

BackGround image not moving

Started by aliabbas123, December 05, 2016, 12:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliabbas123

Hi i have my background image is not moving with scrolling forum please help i am using noize theme
#background {
background-image: url("https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9O6HXe4j310/V110SYk8-6I/AAAAAAAABgc/WZDcEWnW1sgmVHzmrxsnkVG19kwpl7JzQCLcB/s1600/gta_sa%2B2016-06-10%2B16-38-24-68.bmp");
min-height: 100%;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-position: center;
background-size: cover;
background-color: #E5E5E8;
}

Kindred

First... why are you using an external image as your background?   That is not cool...

Second, get rid of the background-attachment: fixed; line
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Try this
#background {
background: #E5E5E8 url(https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9O6HXe4j310/V110SYk8-6I/AAAAAAAABgc/WZDcEWnW1sgmVHzmrxsnkVG19kwpl7JzQCLcB/s1600/gta_sa%2B2016-06-10%2B16-38-24-68.bmp) fixed center no-repeat;
background-size: 100%;
}

Kindred

Antes...   you left the "fixed" in there....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Quote from: Kindred on December 06, 2016, 07:00:54 AM
Antes...   you left the "fixed" in there....

Yes, otherwise the background stays on top, not scrolls with the site.

Kindred

no....

fixed means that it stays in position and does NOT scroll

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_background-attachment.asp
fixed    The background is fixed with regard to the viewport

scroll    The background scrolls along with the element. This is default
Слaва
Украинi

Antes

Kindred

yes...  I am familiar with w3cschools... and, although I am not a css guru, I do understand the basics of css, incuding backgrounds - having used both fixed and scrolling backgrounds

no, I did not try the snippet, because I know that fixed means fixed - no scrolling. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Antes

Quote from: Kindred on December 06, 2016, 08:11:26 AM
yes...  I am familiar with w3cschools... and, although I am not a css guru, I do understand the basics of css, incuding backgrounds - having used both fixed and scrolling backgrounds

no, I did not try the snippet, because I know that fixed means fixed - no scrolling. :P

That fixed is actually fixing it to the position of your view not the site.

aliabbas123

Hi guys Thanks For Replies For i already marked the thread solve did u guys noticed and its was not fixing with fixed i fixed it with wrap_content

Advertisement: