News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Maintenance Mode

Started by tdennis, December 05, 2016, 01:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdennis

Probably a easy question but I couldn't find answer.

I will upgrade from 1.1.21 to 2.0.12 tomorrow morning and want to know what happens to logged on users when I put the forum into maintenance mode? I don't what them making changes in the database while the upgrade is running.
Dennis

vbgamer45

They won't be able to access the site. They just get a message saying under maintenance.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

tdennis

I understand that, what I need to know is what happens if there are 10 members logged in when I put the forum in Maintenance mode? Does it knock them off? Or they able to stay logged on but not perform anything? Or?

I want to start the upgrade at a certain time and I don't want to have members logged in able to make changes or otherwise make changes in the database during the upgrade.
Dennis

SkzlN

Ahh, so simply put the maintenance to the night :)
or when nobody is online, simple :)

Shambles

^ Incorrect advice.

They won't be able to get past the maintenance message, logged in or not.

tdennis

Thanks Shambles, that was what I was hoping for.
Dennis

Kindred

well....   to be clear, they won't see the maintenance message until they change pages...
(in other words, if they are reading a post for a long time, they won't see the message until they try to hit another page on the site.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: