User online icon not showing

Started by LemnisCate8, December 06, 2016, 10:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemnisCate8

The User Online icon image is broken. I looked in the directory and its where it should be. Thus as I remember from a long time ago, it's probably a permission issue. I don't remember what the permission for that image was set at for certain, but it seems it was 0666. What should it be set at? Too, are there any risks to changing these permissions?

br360

Are you using a custom theme by chance? If so, it's possible that that icon isn't in the image folder in that particular theme. What you can do is download the image icon from the default curve theme, and them upload the image to the exact same folder in your custom theme

LemnisCate8

Yes, a custom theme. Dark Modern by Crip, a real beaut. Thanks for the help, that was the ticket.  8)

Dzonny

You can try to change the permissions although I don't think that it's the problem. Files should most likely be 644 and folders 755.

Anyway, can you post a link to your forum, so we can see image missing on live forum?

LemnisCate8

Quote from: Dzonny on December 07, 2016, 09:44:04 AM
You can try to change the permissions although I don't think that it's the problem. Files should most likely be 644 and folders 755.

Anyway, can you post a link to your forum, so we can see image missing on live forum?
I got it now, thanks so much!

Advertisement: