News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Throttling newsletter emails?

Started by lomaalta, December 08, 2016, 12:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lomaalta

I have 500+ members that I would like to email using the newsletter feature - does SMF "throttle" emails?  I would hate to get blacklisted for spamming!  I would prefer to send just a couple per minute.

Thanks...

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

d3vcho

Hello!

You can enable the Mail Queue and edit the number of mails sent per minute. Have a look at this: Mail
As long as your host allows you, you can send multiple mails per minute.

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

lomaalta

Thanks guys...  I'm (VERY happily) running SMF 2.1 Beta 2...

I sent out the emails via the newsletter tool - but I have a feeling they were not all successful - in fact, my gf didn't receive hers, and there were almost no views to the link I sent out to 500+ old members - are there any known bugs?   And I know this is off topic (sorry) ...  but I inadvertently had my server time zone set to Africa, so, I went in, changed it to UTC, (tried Los Angeles as well)  but my post times haven't changed. Is there a way to update the post times?

Thanks again...

d3vcho

Hello!

No, there aren't any known errors with Newsletter. Are other members receiving the email? Maybe your host set a limit for sending emails per hour.

Anyway, you can change your Timezone in Profile > Look and Layout. Also, you should be able to modify overall time offset in Admin > Feature and Options > General

One last thing, we do not recommend using Beta versions for production sites. You may encounter some errors.

lomaalta

Thanks - this can't really be considered "a production site" it's simply a little place for me to post a few rants lol.

I did change the time zone settings under admin server settings, then looked using a different browser, not logged in at all, and the time of the post remained Africa, regardless of how I set it.

http://treasure.neuz.com/index.php/topic,2.0.html

Hmm, I guess consider me a beta tester, and just giving ya'll a heads up.   8)

d3vcho

There's a difference between Server Timezone and user timezone. In Admin > Feature and Options > General, change offset time to 2 hours and save the changes. Then check if the error still happening.

Advertisement: