News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF won't send php email

Started by lepidas, December 09, 2016, 01:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepidas

Well I moved to a new server my SMF files but won't send any emails (pms,new registrations etc.).
I tested and found the php mailer is working fine,
<?php

$mail 
mail("YOUR-EMAIL-HERE""wahahahahahaahahahahaa","I like spamming your inbox!!!""From: Myself<[email protected]");

if(!
$mail){
echo '<font color="red">mail is not send!</font>';
} else {
echo '<font color="#00FF00">mail is send :-)</font>';
}

?>

The admin panel settings are: 

Configuration>Server Settings>General>Webmaster Email Address : gvo******gmail.com
Maintance>Mail>Settings>Mail Type: PHP (default)

What Iam missing here? :) Before it was working just fine

Illori

change the webmaster email address to one that is from your domain and try again.

lepidas

Quote from: Illori on December 09, 2016, 05:12:44 AM
change the webmaster email address to one that is from your domain and try again.
no hope :) [email protected]
again won't send

Kindred

??? I don't think that is a valid email address. Email addresses do not normally include the subdomain
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on December 09, 2016, 11:54:54 PM
??? I don't think that is a valid email address. Email addresses do not normally include the subdomain

cpanel lets you create an email address at the subdomain level.

lepidas

Quote from: Illori on December 10, 2016, 06:00:08 AM
Quote from: Kindred on December 09, 2016, 11:54:54 PM

cpanel lets you create an email address at the subdomain level.
there is no cpanel, the installation is in an ubuntu container (lxc) under a vps and and thanx to haproxy I can use sub-domains.
I think it will take me some time to resolve this, I am also experiencing problems with new users registration so I will take some time first.

ziycon

Can you try an email in the form of [email protected] just to rule out it's the email address your using?

lepidas

Emails now are being sent ok, I have my email address at the  Webmaster Email Address.
I think I had to install the sendmail package to the machine.

Advertisement: