News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

YIM icon not showing up?

Started by mayormccheese2k, December 09, 2016, 11:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayormccheese2k

Hi all -

I'm a long time admin of an SMF 1.1.21 forum. Recently I noticed that the icon for YIM is not showing up. I'm assuming this image got moved on Yahoo's server.

Anyone who has a YIM ID entered gets something like the attached instead of an icon.

Any idea what needs to be changed to fix this?

Thanks -
John

Illori

seems that yahoo is no longer supporting the website that has the icon on it. you should really consider upgrading to SMF 2.0, although that will not directly fix the issue it will allow you to disable yim so it will not show up.

mayormccheese2k

So I did go ahead and upgrade to 2.0. The update was painless and everything seems to work fine - however I'm still seeing something odd with the YIM icon.

In the regular forum I disabled the YIM service and all is good, it's no longer showing up.

However, in the private messages, YIM service is still showing for anyone that entered a YIM name, and the icon is of course still not there. Is this normal, or did something mess up in the upgrade that I failed to catch? I'm using the default theme (same one used here.)

Is there a file missing somewhere?

John

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on December 19, 2016, 01:25:45 PM
no... that is expected...

it should not be expected, if you disable it it should not show at all. this i believe is a bug in SMF 2.0 that was resolved in SMF 2.1.

Kindred

I think that it was not a bug so much as a difference in how developers thought it should work

If the field has a value, it shows in the display.template...   but, it can only get a value set in the first place if the field is active in the profile settings...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on December 19, 2016, 02:08:01 PM
I think that it was not a bug so much as a difference in how developers thought it should work

If the field has a value, it shows in the display.template...   but, it can only get a value set in the first place if the field is active in the profile settings...

as the user said it does not show up in the mini profile in posts, it only shows up in the pm mini profile. hence it is a bug.

mayormccheese2k

I fixed it by manually deleting all YIM handles in user profiles and then shutting the field off, but I agree that it's a bug. If I don't want these I don't want them in PMs either - especially if something on Yahoo's end is breaking my forum. It's minor and I'm lucky I only have a small number of members.

Advertisement: