News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ssi_boardnews is... old news

Started by yameth, December 26, 2016, 11:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yameth

Hi and happy holidays to all!

I am working on a new index page and have added ssi_boardnews index.shtml and shows well.
The problem is that even though this is a very active forum with tens of topics added daily, the output from ssi_boardnews is old.
The latest topic is back in December 21 and the rest are older.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
SMF 2.0.11, EZPortal, Ad Management, SMF Articles, Simple Audio Video Embedder, SMF Trader System, SMF Packs SEO

Kindred

don't use the shtml version... use the php code.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

yameth

Is this the solution?
What's wrong with shtml?
SMF 2.0.11, EZPortal, Ad Management, SMF Articles, Simple Audio Video Embedder, SMF Trader System, SMF Packs SEO

Kindred

shtml is really just an "emulator" for php...   it's pointless, especially when php is cleaner and easier, over all, to debug and figure out
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

yameth

/ssi_examples.php gives the same output as .shtml, so unfortunately this is not the problem.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

yameth

www.noiz.gr/ssi_examples.php
There is wrong encoding on this page but the dates are visible.

yameth

I have changed the url after a day, for the obvious reasons.

No-one else has the same problem with boardnews ssi?
It is still stuck to the same posts and does not update.

ssi_recentTopics and other functions update properly.

live627

is boardnews limited t o a single board? when was the last post made tehre?

yameth

There are no limitations to any boards.
Last post that shows on boardnews is 21/12/2016.

live627

May I see a link to where this is happening?

yameth

I did upload the url for a day but had to bring it down but I think I found something.

function ssi_boardNews($board = null, $limit = 5, $start = null, $length = 250, $output_method = 'echo')

In ssi.php if I change the $board to a specific one i.e. 4, it works fine.
If it is left at the default state which is null, it only brings data from a (random?) board 56.

Is it only supposed to work with only one specific board?
If I add more than one board e.g. 4,5,8, it does not work.

Kindred

Something seems to have broken your instance...  it works perfectly on every one of my sites...

Can you attach your ssi.php file?
Слaва
Украинi

yameth

Advertisement: