'Notify OP' as additional option to Notify/Notify by poster

Started by TheBiggerFish, December 28, 2016, 02:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBiggerFish

Following off of this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=532912.0

The original request was for PM mailing lists (but don't get me started on PMs), but it can usually be resolved by not generating a notification whenever someone who isn't the original poster posts.  (There are some fringe cases where a game has changed GMs, but not generated a new OOC, etc. etc.  I'll get into that later in this post).

Would it be particularly difficult to add a 'Notify when the original poster posts' button that generates a separate notification?  Ideally, this notification should be separated from the standard thread notification.

To handle cases where the poster whose activity you want to be alerted to isn't the OP, would it be particularly difficult to be able to take a thread, plug in an account name in some further 'Custom Notify' button, and get notifications whenever that account (presumably regardless of name changes) replies to that thread?  That seems like it might require some sort of management window.

Kindred

definitely should be a mod request, not a feature... (moved)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: