News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Play Media Attachments

Started by dougiefresh, December 30, 2016, 11:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ircsiinci

Dougiefresh Hi!

I found the error.
I'm sorry, forgiveness and thousands of inattention measured.   :(  :'(
Opera36.0.2130.80 I'm using and did not work.
For Firefox works fine Attachments Media Play.

Perhaps there is an Opera browser which you work?

Have a nice day!
........ Because she said it is better to give than to receive.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.5 - February 23rd, 2017
o Added fallback audio player as an embed to the mod.

@ircsiinci:   I've added a fallback audio player to the mod, but you may have to download a plug-in in order to use it if the HTML5 code doesn't work for you.  The HTML5 AUDIO tag not working in Opera topic over at StackOverflow states this:
Opera does NOT support 320Kbps / 48kHz audio formats.

Opera only works with 192x44, 128x44 and 48x22 OGG subformats.
Personally, I use Firefox to develop all of my mods.  I check other browsers only if issues are found and reported by other users.....

ircsiinci

Hello dougiefresh!

Thank you for your trouble.
........ Because she said it is better to give than to receive.

Kinsman

Unsure if others have this problem but I uninstalled this, as it stopped my forum generating thumbnails of attachments.

dougiefresh

Quote from: Kinsman on February 26, 2017, 01:34:55 AM
Unsure if others have this problem but I uninstalled this, as it stopped my forum generating thumbnails of attachments.
Will look into this bug report!  Thank you for reporting it!

musicus

Works fine!!!

But for the next version, perhaps the possibility of using tracks from other pages, e.g. Wordpress.

dougiefresh

I just tested this mod on a clean SMF 2.0.13 localhost forum, and attached an image to a post after attaching a mp3 to another post.  It did generate the thumbnail of the 1600x1000 PNG file that I attached to the post.

Quote from: musicus on February 28, 2017, 04:45:34 AM
But for the next version, perhaps the possibility of using tracks from other pages, e.g. Wordpress.
This mod only makes attachments that are audio/music files into playable files through the forum.  Unless the files were stored in the SMF database and processed in similar ways, I would not be able to do the same thing for other pages, nor could I pull tracks from other pages with the code that I have.

musicus

Pity, but is there a player, via html5 player, which plays MP3s over other sides?
I do not want to install a Flashplayer anymore. Flash has a very bad security.

dougiefresh

Quote from: musicus on March 01, 2017, 06:36:47 AM
Pity, but is there a player, via html5 player, which plays MP3s over other sides?
I do not want to install a Flashplayer anymore. Flash has a very bad security.
Look at the HTML5 Audio and Video BBCodes mod.  It may be what you're looking for.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.6 - March 19th, 2017
o Attempted thumbnail generation fix when no audio/video MIME type present.

I've attempted to fix this issue, but since I couldn't reproduce the bug, I'm guessing at what might be causing the issue.....

Dave J

Dougie,

Just so you know this doesn't install on 2.1 beta 3. The only other mod I have installed on the test site is 'SCM Player for SMF'

regards

Dave

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

dougiefresh

Quote from: davejo on March 24, 2017, 08:12:57 AM
Just so you know this doesn't install on 2.1 beta 3. The only other mod I have installed on the test site is 'SCM Player for SMF'
2.1 Beta 3 isn't an official beta yet.  I define official as downloadable from this site, not GitHub.  Until it becomes one, I'm not supporting it.

Arantor

Given that "beta 3" covers a year's worth or more of development, you can't really write a mod that targets beta 3 sanely.

-- someone that has a very complex beta 3 only mod on his GitHub.

nofapturkiye

Introduction
This mod allows a MP3, WAV or OGG file that has been attached to a post to be played without manually downloading the attachment using the HTML5 audio tag.

Hello dougiefresh thanks for making our forums pretty  :)

i have question ;sometimes scm music player tries to download when we press lay button .( something about internet download manager.)
i wonder if this mod can fix that bug. what do you think?

dougiefresh

Quote from: nofapturkiye on March 29, 2017, 05:09:09 AM
i have question ;sometimes scm music player tries to download when we press lay button .( something about internet download manager.)
i wonder if this mod can fix that bug. what do you think?
In addition, the SCM Music Player mod is for site-wide music.  This mod only allows you to play music files that have been attached to a post.  So, no, I completely and very seriously doubt this mod will fix any issues found with that mod.....

engrz

Please make this mod possible of playing of video attachments, like MP4, FLV file... small clips to be played without downloading.

Arantor

That's primarily dependent on the browser having support, rather than anything else.

engrz

Quote from: Arantor on May 05, 2017, 02:59:39 AM
That's primarily dependent on the browser having support, rather than anything else.

what kind of support? google chrome and firefox plays almost every video inside the browser.

aegersz

damn, this conflicts with the "Post_and_PM_Inline_Attachments" mod, which i can't easily remove (doesn't install due to mods to Display.template.php).

i knew that too many mods will get me in this sort of trouble !

I made the code change manually but still only see the attachment - something is wrong with my system, i think ...

I did try it on another less modified clone and it worked there though.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

I managed to trace it back to the "Images with Margins and Borders" mod so i uninstalled it also.

Then i installed your mod (which worked) ... then i reinstalled the "Post_and_PM_Inline_Attachments" mod and the install worked as far as Package Manager is concerned but the player didn't show up so those two mods cannot coexist.

If you get a moment, could you figure out why it installs but doesn't work ? There are no errors in the logs that could help, sorry.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: