News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I failed on this...

Started by SkzlN, January 01, 2017, 06:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkzlN

hey guys, i've trying to move my buttons HOME FORUM to HOME PORTAL FORUM with subs, with the wiki... i want to know if anyone can help me because i failed to do that, it's was crash my forum, i restored it but i'm still on the same issue, and i don't know what i can do on the subs, anyone can help me to fix the css on the subs of this case to fix? thankyou

i've do :
Quote'home' => array(
            'title' => $txt['home'],
            'href' => dark-killers.net
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
            'is_last' => $context['right_to_left'],
         ),
         'portal' => array(
            'title' => $txt['portal'],
            'href' => $modSettings['sp_portal_mode'] == 3 && empty($context['disable_sp']) ? $modSettings['sp_standalone_url'] : $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
         'forum' => array(
            'title' => empty($txt['sp-forum']) ? 'Forum' : $txt['sp-forum'],
            'href' => $scripturl . ($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'] == 1 && empty($context['disable_sp']) ? '?action=forum' : ''),
            'show' => in_array($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'], array(1, 3)) && empty($context['disable_sp']),
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),

Shambles

'href' => dark-killers.net

..needs a comma following

SkzlN

so how i fix all this errors? anybodys can do this same css i do but with fixing all the errors?

Arantor

'home' => array(
            'title' => $txt['home'],
            'href' => 'http://dark-killers.net/',
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
         'portal' => array(
            'title' => $txt['portal'],
            'href' => $modSettings['sp_portal_mode'] == 3 && empty($context['disable_sp']) ? $modSettings['sp_standalone_url'] : $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
         'forum' => array(
            'title' => empty($txt['sp-forum']) ? 'Forum' : $txt['sp-forum'],
            'href' => $scripturl . ($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'] == 1 && empty($context['disable_sp']) ? '?action=forum' : ''),
            'show' => in_array($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'], array(1, 3)) && empty($context['disable_sp']),
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),

SkzlN

no work, it's still appear only HOME FORUM

Kindred

For the last time... none of this has anything to do with CSS!! !!!

well, for one... on your main site...
action=portal is not correct.

for another...
there are no circumstances in the code that would result in the "forum" button showing, but the "portal" button not showing

Did you DEFINE the $txt['portal'] string in your language file(s)?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SkzlN

no i don't Kindred...
So i must define the txt portal on the language file?
but where i can see this languages file(s)? on source? theme? ...?
i don't need action portal

i need just home -> my home default link
Portal -> /community/index.php
Forum -> /community/index.php?action=forum

only that ;)

Kindred

yes, it is very clear what you are trying to do.

and yes, you must DEFINE a string before you can USE it...
So, unless $txt['portal'] is defined, it is never going to show anything, since - to the system - it is currently NULL.

modifications.english.php (or whatever other languages you have) is in Themes/default/languages

(and the comment on action=portal is because your MAIN site tries to use that)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on January 01, 2017, 08:02:56 AM
(and the comment on action=portal is because your MAIN site tries to use that)

there is nothing that mentions action=portal in the code, there are some conditions mentioned but those are from simpleportal.

Kindred

Illori...   read, please... his MAIN SITE calls for action=portal (not part of SMF and thus not part of the code that he posted)  --- and I am telling him it should not, in ADDITION to any fixes he makes to get the code to display
Слaва
Украинi

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Not to mention that if he does stumble across the right way to do this he'll run into a mess if there is a version update (which will happen soon as I understand) or he re-installs Simple Portal or another module that changes the menu structure... messing with the menus is not something that amateuers should do until they understand what the file structure actually is and where things are located...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on January 01, 2017, 09:53:30 AM
Illori...   read, please... his MAIN SITE calls for action=portal (not part of SMF and thus not part of the code that he posted)  --- and I am telling him it should not, in ADDITION to any fixes he makes to get the code to display

i did read, i dont see where it mentions that anywhere in this topic. i assume you went to his site to figure that out and did not say that.

SkzlN

what i must edit on modification.english for work? thanks...

This is what i have on modifcation.english, what i must edit or replace/add?

[edit] code removed due to size and being cut off. if you want to provide a complete file, do so as an attachment only. -- Illori.

Kindred

$txt['portal'] = 'Portal';

as a note, if you plan to do anything other than a basic installation, you need to do some basic research into what php is and how to use it...
Слaва
Украинi

SkzlN

i do no find it.... :(
Maybe i can give you my gpanel to you work on it if you wish it...
I think you are a guy that i can trust to this case, reply if you're okay...

Kindred

Sorry, I don't have the time to do it for you...

you need to ADD that line to your file, before the closing ?>
Слaва
Украинi

SkzlN

so i must add it before <?php?

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

SkzlN

i have alot of mods on it, i can't see ?>, i will pm to you d3vcho what i got on mine... than answer

SkzlN

Ty guys, work perfect, now it's work fine, thanks to the guys who helped me, Arantor for css of subs, Kindred for txt, and d3vo for informations that i've need

Advertisement: