News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

help! site has not converted!

Started by andieandie, February 04, 2017, 09:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andieandie

I have been trying to get the converter to work for some time. I have tried everything suggested in other threads related to this. My SMF installation is in the same database as my MyBB database and they both have the same user. I have entered everything in correctly. I even made sure that my database user had all permissions. What could be the problem?

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'webhostr_awe'@'localhost' for table 'users

Illori

given that error it says that your SMF install is not in the same database as the mybb install. double check that it actually is. you also need to make sure that select is granted to that user for the database.

andieandie

Quote from: Illori on February 05, 2017, 06:04:04 AM
given that error it says that your SMF install is not in the same database as the mybb install. double check that it actually is. you also need to make sure that select is granted to that user for the database.

I've done both of these things and still get the error. My forum is rather large, could that be the issue?

Also, is there a way I could do this manually since the converter isn't working?

Advertisement: