automatically assign usergroup on successful payment

Started by darthspongebob, January 11, 2017, 09:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthspongebob

I'm wanting to add a subscription to my site, and when the payment is successful, I want the membergroup for that member to automatically be changed to subscriber, so I don't have to manually go into the forum and edit the membergroup for every member that subscribes
How can I do this?

Kindred

set up the subscription...   that is exactly what subscriptions do
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

darthspongebob

Is there a way i can do this with a button press? I want to use a payment system other than paypal so I would have to add that in separately, and then after payment has been processed, execute the command to add the user to the member group

Sir Osis of Liver

You would have to do it manually in Admin -> Paid Subscriptions.  It's theoretically possible to integrate a different payment gateway into Paid Subs so that it functions same as PayPal, and I believe several people have tried it, but don't know if any were successful.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

There have been 2Checkout and Authorize.net backends that I know for sure existed. Maybe others too.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Arantor on January 12, 2017, 02:21:00 AM
There have been 2Checkout and Authorize.net backends that I know for sure existed. Maybe others too.

Been quite some time back but there was one site owner that was wanting to hire someone to incorporate bitcoin too, beyond my scope so lost track of whether he got it done...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: darthspongebob on January 11, 2017, 10:09:49 PM
Is there a way i can do this with a button press? I want to use a payment system other than paypal so I would have to add that in separately, and then after payment has been processed, execute the command to add the user to the member group

Most definitely, that is one of the most basic things that setting up a subscription does, examine the options when you are editing a subscription setup, there are a couple of different options that deal with assigning membergroups once the transaction is successful
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Advertisement: