Re: Error upgrade from 2.012 to 2.013

Started by Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting, January 11, 2017, 11:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Kindred on January 11, 2017, 08:22:55 AM
that is a major number of errors in the auto-installer.

It is unlikely that a mod has changed THAT much of the original code...  How many mods do you have installed?

Your best bet, given that number of errors would be to use the "large upgrade" -- upload and overwrite your files with a clean set of the 2.0.13 files and then one-by-one, reinstall your mods.

Instead of creating a new post, I too am having difficulties with the auto-installer, can't even get the pre-test page to load, instead I get a 403 Forbidden error page, and I have set all file permissions on the entire site to 755, that only leaves the .htaccess file as a possible culprit, I did find one in the Packages directory and deleted it, no change, still get the 403... I have quite a number of customized sections and mods installed on 2.0.12 and no .htaccess nor robots.txt file in the root

I don't mind doing it the manual way and downloading/uploading fresh files, most all the mods can be quickly and cleanly redone as well as the custom stuff, folks really need to become more aware of using FTP to do the updates as a part of a routine skillset, it becomes even more important to have a professional level FTP program to use if you indeed do like to have customized menus and appearances and functionalities of almost any genre of web design imaginable...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Kindred

I split your post because it is a completely different issue....

And deleting that htaccess file should not be done.

the 403 is almost definitely related to your HOST configuration. possibly mod_security
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: