Error upgrade from 2.012 to 2.013

Started by mantu2, January 11, 2017, 01:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mantu2

My update got a bit more errors. How to proceed? I don't dare to update it right away.

Kindred

that is a major number of errors in the auto-installer.

It is unlikely that a mod has changed THAT much of the original code...  How many mods do you have installed?

Your best bet, given that number of errors would be to use the "large upgrade" -- upload and overwrite your files with a clean set of the 2.0.13 files and then one-by-one, reinstall your mods.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mantu2

My forum has run since 2009 and I've done the upgrades always bit by bit. Would not like to do everything from the beginning since just got the main site to work. So you really say that best way is to update via FTP one file at the time while the service is running?

And yes, there is several extras included: Ohara Youtube Embed, Fancybox and Ad management. Then there is one extra feature on the same page but that is totally seperate from forum code and it is not effecting on it what so ever.

Kindred

If those are the only mods that you have....  then a clean update and reinstall the mods would be pretty simple (no DATA would be lost)

if you do that... no, you would not update one file at a time...
You would put the forum into maintenance mode and replace *ALL* files with the files from the UPGRADE archive (***NOT*** the install archive)
You then re-apply the mods.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

The thing is... if you are running 2.0.12 with only those mods, there is NO WAY that you should be getting that many errors from the auto-installer. That many errors indicates a significantly NON-standard 2.0.12 installation.
Doing a fresh load of files will clear out any custom weirdness and make certain that you are running a clean, expected set of code.
Because, if you have these errors for the 2.0.13 patch - then the 2.0.14 patch would likely cause even more... etc etc etc.

Are you running a custom theme or are you using curve (the default theme)?

reminder.... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS take a backup of files and database (two separate actions) before installing mods or updates
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mantu2

Sorry for long reply delay. I did as you said and replaced all files. Themes and other mods were simple and fast forward to put back on. Update to version .13 worked without problems. Only one mod is having problems with themes and I can ask help from other forum areas about that.

Thank you once more!

Advertisement: