News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

A Suggestion...

Started by MaryLouW, January 11, 2017, 05:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryLouW

I didn't know where to post this so please move this to wherever it should go.

When  looking through the various customization mods, they all have these tiny little Preview Images.  To be honest, they are totally worthless because they're not big enough to see.  Some of the authors have made maybe one or two images clickable so you CAN see what the mod does but the majority do not.

It would be nice if that was a requirement - a clickable image so people could actually see what they are going to install.  Those tiny preview images aren't worth the time it takes to make them when you can't see them.  I'm sure I've passed on some really good mods simply because I cannot see what to expect.

Okay... end of complaint!  Thanks for listening!

Arantor

All the mod author needs to do is upload a normal sized version; the mod site handles making thumbnails and making them clickable.

NanoSector

I think JavaScript is used to make those images clickable so make sure you have that enabled.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MaryLouW

Where would I enable Javascript?  In the browser?  I use Firefox.

NanoSector

It's most likely already enabled if you don't know how you should disable it. ;)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

If it works for some already, it's already enabled.

MaryLouW

Actually, it only worked for ONE.  I went through a LOT of the mods and none of them showed a larger image.

Deaks

then its likley thats the size of the uploaded image
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

MaryLouW

That's the problem.  They aren't much larger than a postage stamp and one cannot see what's even on them. They are too tinyl  This is why I would like to see a larger image pop up when you click the image.

NanoSector

MaryLouW

Those work just fine!!  One click and I up it popped.  Now, if they all did that, it would be so nice!!

NanoSector

Hmm then I'd say this is indeed related to image size. Uploading images is the responsibility of the mod author so you should contact them to get this fixed.

Steve

You probably already know this but in the meantime MaryLou, you can use ctrl-scroll to increase the size somewhat ... it does get more distorted the larger you make it of course. And ctrl-0 to put your page back to normal. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: