News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.12-2.13 upgrade error

Started by outdoors-stuff, January 12, 2017, 09:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoors-stuff

Hi

Just tried to update our forum to latest version. After the usual scratching of head and remembering how to get into the website control panel to change the permissions to temporarily allow write access on several package manager files/folders (usually index, temp and htaccess) I then encountered an unexpected error (see screengrab).

Any ideas? Have backed out of the update for obvious reasons.

Many thanks for your help...

Kindred

probably bad permissions in the packages folder or temp folder that is not allowing the script to execute the function...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

outdoors-stuff

Thanks Kindred for quick reply :)

Ah ok, forgot it needed execute permissions as well as write. That changed got a bit further - now it seems like calendar.php is upset and themes may or may not be (new attachment).

(Sorry for being a bit of a noob here - I only fiddle with the forum when really needed - and usually things work on updates!)

Kindred

you manually changed the file versions in the header of those files for 2.0.12, didn't you?  :P

However... like any other mod,  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation :D

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

outdoors-stuff

Errrr, no I don't believe I did!

We really have a very standard installation - with the only exceptions being an add-on mod "gallery lite",  that we have our logo in the forum header and we had to change to UTF-8 (and UTF-8 English language) to handle some mac users whose posts were including very strange characters as something didn't convert from mac to whatever...

So it *shouldn't* need any manual intervention, but thanks for the link. I guess something's got corrupted somewhere along the lines then? Try the full update next?

(If so it'll have to wait a bit - as I haven't done one of those for long enough I'll need a run up at it - mostly in re-reading how to do it. I prioritised this update seeing as it said it was security related, but if it's not a quick fix, then it'll have to wait until my own work deadlines are met :( )

But many thanks for quick response :)

Kindred

no.... don't do the full upgrade...   with those little errors, it would be best to just follow the instructions and do them manually.
Слaва
Украинi

outdoors-stuff

In the end that was a lot easier to fix than the errors and the manual install instructions made it sound (just had to edit two version numbers!) Thanks Kindred :)

Advertisement: