News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to upload a banner/logo without ftp client?

Started by pg35, January 12, 2017, 04:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pg35

Hi how do I upload a banner or

Logo into the "board logo section" without an ftp client.

FTP clients look all greek to me lol!

Is there an easier method? (can I code it into html?)

Thank you for your time.

BTW does anyone have a  mod for bright red or bright red and white theme I can install for version 2.0.13

Thanks
Modify message

br360

You can upload the banner through your cpanel, as that is easier for some than ftp.

Basically you create a banner, save it, and then upload it to your server. Should be themes/the theme you are using/images/logo.png (usually that's the name of the image you are looking for)

You can then rename the banner image you uploaded to logo.png (naming the original one something else or just deleting it)

For themes, take a look at the theme site- http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

Just about any theme that works for 2.0 will work for 2.0.13 as well

pg35

too complicated is there an even simpler way?

cpanel is greek to me lol :)

thx :)

Arantor

Sadly not, because anything that gets built into SMF has to deal with the complexities of hosting which likely means it'll be even harder (since you'll almost certainly *have* to use cPanel or FTP then)

br360

It may sound complicated, but what you are wanting to do is similar to adding/uploading an attachment to an email you send someone really. The hardest part is actually making the banner ;)

Try googling uploading files through cpanel and you will see some pretty good tutorials with images that will help walk you through the process.

Advertisement: