News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

500 Internal Server Error after repair_settings.php

Started by Naterr, January 13, 2017, 06:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naterr

Played with some themes, then got the "Unable to load the 'main_above' template"

Went to the www.yourdomain.com/repair_settings.php

And got the 500 Internal Server error...

I did go through my cPanel>File Manager and delete the theme I had in there that I thought caused this issue.

Any ideas?

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Naterr

Quote from: Arantor on January 14, 2017, 05:53:05 AM
Yeah, 1.1.x themes won't work on 2.0.

The theme I tried was a 2.0.x theme from 2014 and it worked, but I went back in to admin settings and changed it cause it was something I didn't like anymore, and changed it to the default SMF theme and it gave me this error.

Sir Osis of Liver

Looks like you're still running a 1.1.x theme.  Is repair_settings.php still in your forum root?  Getting a 500 when trying to link to it.

- R. Waters

Naterr

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 14, 2017, 04:01:05 PM
Looks like you're still running a 1.1.x theme.  Is repair_settings.php still in your forum root?  Getting a 500 when trying to link to it.

Uploaded through FTP

Sir Osis of Liver

Am able to reach other files in your forum root, but not repair_settings.php.  500 error may indicate file is damaged.  Try uploading attached.

- R. Waters

Naterr

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 15, 2017, 08:54:28 PM
Am able to reach other files in your forum root, but not repair_settings.php.  500 error may indicate file is damaged.  Try uploading attached.

Just uploaded through FTP into my oaoffroad domain root folder. Try it again.

I dragged and dropped it into the folder and reloaded the client. Is there a step I am missing?

Thanks for the help, bro!

Sir Osis of Liver

Can you disable mod_security, or ask your host to do so?

- R. Waters

Naterr

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 16, 2017, 12:28:25 PM
Can you disable mod_security, or ask your host to do so?

How does one do that? Lol, I'm not sure how, I use hostmonster cPanel.

Sir Osis of Liver

If your host allows that option, it should be in cPanel -> Security.  If not, you'll have to ask them to do it.

Going offline, will be on for a while tonight.  If you can pm ftp access (server/username/password), I'll have a look.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, you're up and running in default Curve.  For reasons unknown, repair_settings.php was renamed repair_settings (3).php, that's why it wouldn't run.  It shows two installed themes, Helios Multicolor, which was updated through 2.0, and Valkyrie Moon, good through 2.0 beta 4.  Helios should work, Valkyrie may not.  Neither is currently in your /Themes directory.  Go into Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Theme Settings and remove those themes (red X right side), then you can try reinstalling them.

Edit:  Just tried installing both themes (slow night).  Helios works in 2.0.13 (nice theme), Valkyrie does not.

- R. Waters

Naterr

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 16, 2017, 09:24:18 PM
Ok, you're up and running in default Curve.  For reasons unknown, repair_settings.php was renamed repair_settings (3).php, that's why it wouldn't run.  It shows two installed themes, Helios Multicolor, which was updated through 2.0, and Valkyrie Moon, good through 2.0 beta 4.  Helios should work, Valkyrie may not.  Neither is currently in your /Themes directory.  Go into Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Theme Settings and remove those themes (red X right side), then you can try reinstalling them.

Edit:  Just tried installing both themes (slow night).  Helios works in 2.0.13 (nice theme), Valkyrie does not.

Awesome, will get everything back up and running.

You're the man!

Sir Osis of Liver

Are you seeing all of your content?  Forum stats shows almost 58,999 posts, but you only have two boards with 14,000 posts, or are other boards not visible to guests?

- R. Waters

Advertisement: