News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How update Password Hash from 2.0?

Started by #jsDotx3, January 14, 2017, 05:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#jsDotx3

Hi.

I have my database in SMF 2.0 and i need update for hash password to 2.1 manually, because "upgrade.php" doesn't work.

Regards.

Solved
(Life would be easy with a simple solution.)

Illori

why are you trying to upgrade to SMF 2.1? it is in beta and should not be used live.

why is upgrade.php not working for you?

#jsDotx3

Quote from: Illori on January 14, 2017, 05:30:13 PM
why are you trying to upgrade to SMF 2.1? it is in beta and should not be used live.

why is upgrade.php not working for you?
Because I want to use SMF 2.1 and need change hash password manually, Upgrade.php not working because Stops at step 3 -4 (when transforms from 2.0 to 2.1 database and next step not success).

Only i change hash password, I adapted themes and modification from 2.0 to 2.1 and i can't change hash password (all password of my users).

I Review upgrade.php and the only thing I found was:

- ALTER TABLE {$db_prefix}members
ADD passwd_flood varchar(12) NOT NULL default ''; (Upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1)

- CHANGE COLUMN passwd passwd varchar(64) NOT NULL default '' (Upgrade from 1.0 to 2.1)

- Verificate password for update to 2.1.

Solved

Arantor

So, what version of 2.1 are you using?

#jsDotx3

Quote from: Arantor on January 15, 2017, 03:20:30 AM
So, what version of 2.1 are you using?
The latest version downloaded in github.

I have adapt design and modifications, only need change hash password and ready ^^.

Regards

Solved

Arantor

You actually shouldn't need to update the hash, SMF should do that for you on subsequent login.

Kindred

You do realize that 2.1 is still in beta and is still going through changes...   additionally, there is no simple upgrade path from beta to beta?

In other words, using 2.1 on your production site is a huge mistake
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

#jsDotx3

Quote from: Arantor on January 15, 2017, 05:31:27 AM
You actually shouldn't need to update the hash, SMF should do that for you on subsequent login.
Oh, excellent. Thanks for your answer.

Quote from: Kindred on January 15, 2017, 08:42:33 AM
You do realize that 2.1 is still in beta and is still going through changes...   additionally, there is no simple upgrade path from beta to beta?

In other words, using 2.1 on your production site is a huge mistake
Don't worry. i know :)

Solved

Advertisement: