News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Contact us field

Started by sky23, January 15, 2017, 04:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sky23

How to deactivate, or force this contact us (t is missing, it stands contac us.....)
that the admin get a pm instead of a email ?

Arantor

sky23

Arantor

I don't understand what you mean. There is no 'contact us' feature in SMF, the nearest is report to moderator (either a post or a PM)

What you're describing sounds like one of the contact form mods but I'm not sure which one, and none of them are 'standard'.

sky23

Arantor

That's a modification you've added to the platform, it is not standard and has never been standard in any version of SMF (let alone with a typo)

Kindred

yup... that would be a mod.

not sure which specific one...  but you would have to ask the author of that specific mod how to modify it further. (There is a support thread dedicated to every mod available on our mod site)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

I did a search for 'contact' and came up with 3 mods: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=contact

I didn't install the second due to it's age but I did try the other 2. The first one has settings one of which allows you to name the tab/button where yours says 'Contac us' so I suspect this is the one you have installed and you made a typo when you renamed the tab.

The third one doesn't give you an option to rename it and it's spelled correctly.
DO NOT pm me for support!

sky23

That's really strange, none of them installed, i use only curved standard theme

Steve

You have no mods installed?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

Look in Admin -> Package Manager -> Installed Packages.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

aegersz

I tried them and decided that the Advanced Contact Form was the most flexible > http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1352

it works well so it gets my recommendation.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Linkjay

I personally use SimpleDesk. It is SUPER configurable and I was able to make it work for my site just fine: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/?mod=2491
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: sky23 on January 15, 2017, 07:47:24 PM

What is indicated as being installed in your package manager area? Menu options do not appear out of nowhere, somewhere along the line there was a module that did this and most likely just needs to be reinstalled, but it sounds like someone has been tinkering with the language files and messed this one up slightly.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Linkjay

Quote from: Bob Perry on January 21, 2017, 03:01:23 PM
Quote from: sky23 on January 15, 2017, 07:47:24 PM

What is indicated as being installed in your package manager area? Menu options do not appear out of nowhere, somewhere along the line there was a module that did this and most likely just needs to be reinstalled, but it sounds like someone has been tinkering with the language files and messed this one up slightly.

They could have also tinkered around with the Subs.PHP file.

If you look into your Subs.PHP file in the Sources folder, go to line ~4033 or just the early 4000s and try and find that "Contac Us" button.

Can you also tell us what happens when you click the button?
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Advertisement: