How Can I Display user's db info in their signature

Started by nofapturkiye, January 17, 2017, 09:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nofapturkiye

I wrote a basic counter which shows how long a user avoided adult content. ...
how ever i want to display users counter info in their signature;   (at the moment i am displaying their info in simpleportal custom php block)

thanks in advance;

Edit:there is a variable called counter in smf_members . I want to Show this in user's signature

oOo--STAR--oOo

Hey, this would require some understanding of your forums and counter to be coded into your forums. It seems the request is pretty unique and would only tailor to yourself. So without any coding knowledge, its not that simple for anyone to help you with this unless they have access to your files so they can script this in if they are willing to take the time to do that.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Linkjay

IMO, a better place to display that counter would be on their post info bar:

This way it's easier to find and makes more sense than it being in the signature...
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

nofapturkiye

Quote from: Linkjay on January 25, 2017, 03:04:07 PM
IMO, a better place to display that counter would be on their post info bar:

This way it's easier to find and makes more sense than it being in the signature...

yeah that is more likely to work ; now i need to interfere there .

i have dowloaded a mod which adds activity bar to post info bar.

but  i dont have clue how he do that. i have checked the source code of activity bar modification but no luck : (

link is here

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=480899.0

should i make changes in profile.templeta.php ?

nofapturkiye

Quote from: oOo--STAR--oOo on January 25, 2017, 02:56:52 PM
Hey, this would require some understanding of your forums and counter to be coded into your forums. It seems the request is pretty unique and would only tailor to yourself. So without any coding knowledge, its not that simple for anyone to help you with this unless they have access to your files so they can script this in if they are willing to take the time to do that.

i have just enough code knowladge but i dont know which template should i change?

Linkjay

It would help me more to know more about how you are displaying and storing this information.

How does it look on the signature or wherever else you have it at the moment?

Your best bet if we cannot help you on this post is to hire someone to do the job for you. There are plenty of devs who could do this job but you will most likely need to pay.

Look at this board: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=50.0

I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

nofapturkiye

Quote from: Linkjay on January 30, 2017, 02:03:11 PM
It would help me more to know more about how you are displaying and storing this information.

How does it look on the signature or wherever else you have it at the moment?

Your best bet if we cannot help you on this post is to hire someone to do the job for you. There are plenty of devs who could do this job but you will most likely need to pay.

Look at this board: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=50.0

I am showing it in custom block in simple portal .all i need it to know is  how add a text field in left area which Shows things like post count  name etc..

is it called  profile info ? idk  even name of that area would be a good start

here is a Picture

Advertisement: