Add notification email for poll ending.

Started by Linkjay, January 18, 2017, 11:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linkjay

I run a forum where we manage polls a lot and it would help me a whole lot to be able to have notifications by email for when polls are about to end or right when they end.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

I would be interested in this, could you post a link to your site?

I have something related to polls and the default smf statistics page that may interest you too...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Linkjay

Sure, sure. https://darkstormservers.com

Originally this was supposed to be a feature request for the new SMF but it got moved. I thought about attempting this but it's a whole thing trying to see when the polls are close to ending and when they do. I think it's supposed to be done with scheduled tasks but I haven't learned how to mess with those yet.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

Arantor

That's because it's not going to be in the next SMF... owing to the fact that the list of features is supposedly fixed at this point for 2.1.

Linkjay

Quote from: Arantor on January 19, 2017, 02:05:09 PM
That's because it's not going to be in the next SMF... owing to the fact that the list of features is supposedly fixed at this point for 2.1.

Ah. Gotcha.

Advertisement: