Disabling Report to Moderator Emails

Started by tjbalon, January 19, 2017, 12:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjbalon

Hello all,

Whenever a post gets reported on our forums it goes to all moderator emails. As we approach a high number of posts a day, some days we are using thousands of emails due to reports.

We're looking to either send the report contents to every mod via Forum PM, or disable the email moderators get all together.

Thanks.

br360

From what I remember, each moderator has to change their own settings themselves. To do this, go to Moderate>>Preferences>>Change Settings

Where you see Notify of topic reports:, they can change that to never.

Illori

Quote from: br360 on January 19, 2017, 12:28:35 AM
From what I remember, each moderator has to change their own settings themselves. To do this, go to Moderate>>Preferences>>Change Settings

Where you see Notify of topic reports:, they can change that to never.

this would mean that the mods would not get any notification as SMF does not support sending via PM by default. if it were sent via PM they may get an email anyway if they have that enabled.

Kindred

However...   the reports would still go into the reported post list under the moderation menu
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tjbalon

Quote from: Kindred on January 19, 2017, 09:27:58 AM
However...   the reports would still go into the reported post list under the moderation menu

I'm fine with that. We're just wasting thousands of emails to 50+ staff.

Shambles

Simplest (and most easily reversible) way is to edit your Sources/SendTopic.php file

Look for "// Send every moderator an email." then comment out the subsequent line that sends the email(s):

Code (Find) Select
sendmail($row['email_address'], $emaildata['subject'], $emaildata['body'], $user_info['email'], null, false, 2);

Code (Replace) Select
// sendmail($row['email_address'], $emaildata['subject'], $emaildata['body'], $user_info['email'], null, false, 2);

tjbalon

Quote from: Shambles on January 19, 2017, 02:01:23 PM
Simplest (and most easily reversible) way is to edit your Sources/SendTopic.php file

Look for "// Send every moderator an email." then comment out the subsequent line that sends the email(s):

Code (Find) Select
sendmail($row['email_address'], $emaildata['subject'], $emaildata['body'], $user_info['email'], null, false, 2);

Code (Replace) Select
// sendmail($row['email_address'], $emaildata['subject'], $emaildata['body'], $user_info['email'], null, false, 2);

PERFECT. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, didn't know what file it'd be in. Thanks a ton.

Advertisement: