News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Fancypost Mod?

Started by Krymson, January 19, 2017, 01:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krymson

Hello, so I'm looking for a Fancypost coding mod for a forum I'm building.

this one here is out of date, and doesn't quite create the full range of what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something that begins like this:

[fancypost bgcolor=] [/fancypost]

I've become accustomed to on another forum and want to implement it into my own forum. I've been searching for hours, but I must be looking in the wrong corner.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Arantor

It's not out of date, it should install on 2.0.9 with minimal effort. (How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?)

As for your request, I don't think I've seen it and most people avoid it because experience suggests letting everyone play with formatting in posts usually makes it harder to read for everyone else as these things usually get abused beyond whatever original purpose they had.

Krymson

Hm... It installed without any problems, but I can't still seem to change the formatting. The code here for example remains code:

[fancypost bgcolor=; bordercolor=#ffffff; borderwidth=5px;border-top: 25px dashed #ffffff; border-left: 25px dashed #ffffff; border-bottom: 25px dashed #ffffff; border-right: 25px dashed #ffffff;]

[fancypost bgcolor=; bordercolor=; borderwidth=0px; font-family: times new roman; font-style: italic; font-size: 36px; margin-bottom: -13px; letter-spacing: 13px; text-align: right]RAVENNA[/fancypost][/fancypost]

I can see why most wouldn't want it, although I personally value being able to change the format of posts. A forum I write on managed to make it work. (old.feralfront.com) and a quick google search turned up hxxp:xanje.com [nonactive] as well. I suppose I should mention I'm using a theme called Fume. I'm a little new to this, but I am eager to get it to work.

Arantor

That's because the mod doesn't provide that code, judging by its description on the page you linked.

Feral Front had a lot of custom development in its time, I'd be surprised if what you want was an off the shelf mod.

Krymson

Great....  is there anything I can do, short of trying to code it myself?

Arantor

Try to code it yourself or pay someone to build it, I imagine.

Krymson

Dang.

Where would I find someone who know how to do that?

Arantor

The Help Wanted board or the Mod Requests board?

Krymson

Advertisement: