News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Making images Transparent in theme, instead of deleting

Started by freddy123, January 19, 2017, 02:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddy123

Hi guys,

New to smf. I have found a free theme, and since I don't really want to get into coding, I have simply started changing the images like the banner in photoshop, leaving the size, name, image type all exactly the same.  The only thing is that this theme has a couple of logos that I don't want to use. So I was thinking to just open the *.gif's and clearing the image, and saving as transparent. Would this basically make the images invisible throughout the theme?

If it matters, the theme is called Dark Vista - http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=947

And the ones I wanted gone (was gonna make transparent) are: altorta.gif, smflogo.gif, smflogow.gif

Hope this was clear enough. Any help is greatly appreciated.  :)

Shambles

Quote from: freddy123
New to smf.

What release of SMF are you using?

freddy123

SMF 2.0.9

Oh no. Now I see that particular theme is only compatible with 1.1.5, 1.1.10, 1.1.11.
Was too busy doing the graphics :(

So I would have to use a buggy old unsecure version of smf? or find and redo another theme. Im guessing there might be a few glitches if I used that old theme with the latest smf. Ahhh

Illori

freddy123

Okay thanks

What about making images transparent, instead of deleting them? Does  that work?

Can i use 1.1.11, is it stable enough, or are there too many bugs and exploitable flaws?
I know its very old and outdated, but I cant find any other suitable theme.

Thank you

Illori

1.1.* is no longer supported. it is a security risk to run it.

Advertisement: