News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.x and PHP7

Started by zerotyler, January 20, 2017, 07:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerotyler

Hi,

I know the subject has ever been traeted but i actually don't konw if release SMF 2.13 can run with PHP7.

Any answer can help

regards

Illori

no it cannot at this time.

Arantor

2.0.13 does not run with PHP7.

2.0.14 should.

2.1.0 will.

zerotyler

I don't want to stress you, but most conpany force us to migrate to PHP7.

If you don't migrate, you must pay between 5 to 10 euros a month ...

In this case, using SMF is not free ...

regards

Arantor

It's not free to use a decent host. I personally pay $50 a month for a good VPS.

While you can run it on a free host, it is not recommended.

d3vcho

I run SMF on 3 different hosts and none of them is forcing me to migrate to PHP7. It's really soon to start forcing your users to migrate to PHP7...

Anyway, we hope that 2.0.14 (which will support PHP7), will be released soon.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Jailer

Quote from: d3vcho on January 20, 2017, 09:32:36 AM
Anyway, we hope that 2.0.14 (which will support PHP7), will be released soon.

Awesome, can't wait to try it out in my sandbox. 

Kissaki

Quote from: d3vcho on January 20, 2017, 09:32:36 AMIt's really soon to start forcing your users to migrate to PHP7...

The current Ubuntu LTS release Xenial 16.04, which was released in 2015 provides PHP7 and no earlier versions.
It's not really too soon. SMF should really be supporting 7 (mysqli was preferable over mysql for a decade, and now it's gone).

Kindred

I disagree with your contention... however, if you bothered reading, you would note that the 2.0.14 release will support php 7
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kissaki

I did read that.
That doesn't change the fact that I upgraded my server to a long released LTS release that SMF does not work on right now.

auto:blank

I'm too trying to get into php7. as per the review php7 is said to be much efficient and have better performance (according to zend benchmark). I have SMF & WP in same server I haven't switched to php7 because of SMF's incompatibility.

Steve

Marking solved as the OP's question has been answered by Illori and Arantor.
DO NOT pm me for support!

nend

Quote from: Kissaki on January 21, 2017, 10:53:38 AMThe current Ubuntu LTS release Xenial 16.04, which was released in 2015 provides PHP7 and no earlier versions.

Official release was 2016 and there are a few guides that I have ran into online that show how to install PHP 5 and even PHP 5 and 7 side by side.

Kindred

and every DECENT host right now still runs both in parallel.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: