News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

2.0.12 Malfunction After Server Migration

Started by CHINasty, January 21, 2017, 08:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHINasty

Over the last week, my host provider migrated servers and ever since my forum has been out of whack.

All posts prior to the migration have certain characters now changed to different characters. Basically what it appears to be doing is changing " and ' into other characters like “ for " and ’ for '. Another one I have noticed is it changing the copyright symbol and adding  in front of it.

Moving forward, I have issues with posts being cut off. We think it may be when it gets to these characters or a combination of BBC coding that triggers the error.

I don't really know how else to explain it without getting technical and I really have no in depth knowledge of coding. My host has been trying to correct the errors but things are being a little difficult. It did this once last year after they put me on a separate server but they were able to correct in a matter of minutes. This time doing the same action isn't working as quickly.

Any ideas what can be done so I can forward the info to my hosts support team?

CHINasty

Before the server migration this wasn't an issue. Are the any settings that can be adjusted? That link says UTF-8 should not be used.

Illori

no it does not. it says UTF-8 SHOULD be used.

CHINasty

I totally misread that, my bad. Appreciate the help.

Advertisement: