News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Stop Header and Toolbar repeating?

Started by freddy123, January 21, 2017, 09:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddy123

Hello, I'm using the Orangeline theme, and want to have a header logo that goes all the way across the top.

The logo.png is small, and if I resize to 1152px it covers the login box.
So I saved my big header (1152 X 120px) as the 'header.png', and 'toolbar_bg.gif' (1152 X 40px)
I cut it, so the header design continues on the toolbar for design effect.

Might be a good time to also quickly ask, if that size image, is enough for all screen resolutions?

But if I zoom out in the browser, the header repeats, so at 50% in the browser, I end up with 2 header images.

Is it as simple as putting a 'no repeat' code in the right place? Or do would it be better to change the code so the logo doesn't overlap the login box, or the toolbar text.

Sorry if this is a basic question, I'm more into the graphic side, than programming. Very grateful for any help.
Thank you.

Deaks

this comes to the issue of a fluid size (using %) vs a fixed size (using px) any image can use both, but does require some time consuming number changing to get it to fit right.

Also your guess of adding no-repeat is actually correct, I am not 100% sure how the theme does it, not looked at the theme in years, but I believe logo is defined in index.css so the changes would need to be done their in the logo class/id.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: